Members Login

Nestlé YES! bar - delicious & wholesome?

Nestlé YES! bar – delicious & wholesome?

Share This StoryShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone

TAKE A BITE OUT OF NATURE

Explore the possibilities of flavourful and wholesome vending – Nestlé Professional® Nutritionist Beth Hooper gives the lowdown on the latest evolution in wholesome and delicious snack bars*

“Snacking in the UK is undergoing a revolution, with the category now valued at £18bn and rising (1). And, as ‘Generation Graze’ continues to develop, so too does the demand from consumers for wholesome alternatives, as 45% of shoppers say they are looking for healthy snacks and 41% state they want snacks with less sugar (2) .
“The Government currently suggests that we consume about 80% of our recommended calorie intake from main meals and that the other 20% of our diet can be made up of healthier snacks and drinks – this equates to around 400 calories. “As long as you don’t exceed your overall daily calorie intake, there’s no reason why snacks can’t be included as part of a healthy, balanced diet. In fact, for some, the right snack choices can actually help us to get enough of some positive nutrients.

Introducing the Yes!bar

“It’s with this in mind that Nestlé Professional® has launched the Yes! bar. This premium bar is a great addition to the vending offer across a wide variety of sectors – from workplace and further education to coffee shops, travel, leisure and healthcare. “There are currently three bars available; Tempting Sea Salt, Dark Choc & Almond Nut Bar (189 calories); Sumptuous Cranberry & Dark Choc Nut Bar (183 calories); and Delicious Beetroot & Apple Fruit Bar (123 calories). Designed to bridge the gap between indulgence and nutrition, the YES! range is specially crafted using fruit, vegetable and nuts to be both delicious and wholesome*.

Looking at the nutrition

“While sales of traditional cereal bars are declining, snack bar growth is coming from new shoppers buying energy, fruit & nut bars (3). Primarily driven by rising consumer inclination towards healthy food products and busier lifestyles, the healthy snack market is expected to continue to expand significantly (4).

“Meeting this demand, our Yes! bars have strong nutritional credentials. All varieties available through Nestle Professional® are high in fibre. Both the Tempting Sea Salt and Sumptuous Cranberry bars are also a source of protein, meanwhile the Beetroot & Apple bar has no added sugar, is low in saturated fat and counts as one of your five a day – a key factor given we know that adults in the UK are still struggling to meet the 5 A Day target.

“What’s more, with one third of consumers stating they are keen on ‘free-from’ food options (5), all three Yes! bars are gluten free and suitable for vegetarians. Plus, the Beetroot & Apple bar is lactose free and meets the needs of the estimated 542,000 vegans in Britain (6).

Looking to the future

“With an increased emphasis on healthy food for NHS staff,visitors and patients, the onus is on for enticing vending options that meet the standards of the NHS Commissioning for Quality and Innovation (CQUIN) framework. Our Beetroot & Apple Yes! bar is CQUIN compliant as it only contains naturally occurring sugars from the fruit within. All three Yes! bars are under 250kcal.
“The focus on health and wellbeing is also an important issue to consider when looking at broader workplace vending. A recent survey found nearly two thirds of businesses (63%) see it as an important business issue . Yes! bars are ideal for tapping into demand from employers to offer snack alternatives to their staff.”

 

*YES! Dark Choc Sea Salt & Almond and YES! Cranberry & Dark Choc Nut Bars are a source of
protein. Protein contributes to the maintenance of muscle mass. Yes! Beetroot & Apple Fruit Bar
is low in saturated fat. Reducing consumption of saturated fat contributes to the maintenance of
normal blood cholesterol level. Enjoy as part of a healthy, balanced diet and active lifestyle.
1 Nielsen, The Power of Snacking (July 2018)
2 Nielsen, The Power of Snacking (July 2018)
3 Euromonitor International (March 2018)
4 Healthy Snacks Market report by Marketresearch.biz (May 2018)
5 Survey of European Shoppers by IRI (2017)
6 Vegan Society study carried out by Ipsos Mori (2016)
7 Front of Mind: Prioritising Workplace Health & Wellbeing, research conducted by CBI, in
partnership with Bupa and HCA Healthcare (2018)

 

 

 

Share This StoryShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *







Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com